Saturday, September 10, 2011

Practicum: Week 2

I worked from 8 to about 2:30 on Wednesday and from 8 to about 2:40 on Friday.

I am still trying to learn more about the Alexandria system but it is getting easier to run. Both days, I check book in and out and shelved. I cataloged more VHS tapes and added/deleted books to the system. I also searched the system to check how many copies of certain books were in the system already.

I also read to 3 different classes. Sometimes, it is difficult to read to them because they want to ask questions or they don't pay attention or talked to each other. I had to explain fiction and non-fiction to the pre-k classes which is difficult. They had a tornado drill on Friday. It was a new experience to not be a student and be involved in one.

I think it is getting easier but I'm still learning the flow of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment